Monday, February 26, 2018

Private Eyes

**Photo courtesy of www.google.ca**

Whether the song by Hall and Oates or the television series (reviving Jason Priestly's career...oh, Beverly Hills 90210!), private eyes are watching you. Seems like everything you do or say is being seen and scrutinized by other people.

While being under watchful eyes can be beneficial, our politically correct society has been certain to bring all you do and say under the microscope and shared with millions.

Some finger wagging borders on the ridiculous but, for the most part, hurtful. For example, the shaming of nursing mothers. A function that is the most natural after childbirth. Yet, some have felt it necessary to express their disgust when a mother, while covered up, breastfeeds her children in public.

It amazes me how backward the world has become. How male and female can be pitted against each other. That there can be mistrust, deception, and hurt in our midst but it appears to be that way for the time being.

I guess I just don't understand it at times until I find myself with an attitude that can cause me to say or do the wrong things. Then I know that my heart isn't in the right place, that it's hurting and so is the reason for many others who lash out. Then I recall the universal phrase of, "Hurt people, hurt people."

In my own life, I have been on both the giving and receiving end of watching eyes. I have been the one to slew insults and shame on those who perturbed me. I also received shaming and reprimands from others who believed they knew better.

However, after I had an encounter with God and my life changed radically, my heart of stone had been softened and I began to see and feel the hurt of people around me. It was unbelievable to me but so needed.

These days, I am very thankful to have the watchful eyes of my Heavenly Father on me at all times. He helps to guide and direct my life in ways that are best. There is a book in the Bible written by a prophet named Isaiah who talks about God's involvement in our life direction.

In Isaiah 30:21, there is a reference to God's watchful eyes, saying, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it."" (Isaiah 30:21)

To me, having that kind of navigation is priceless and it saves me from having to retrace any wrong steps and move into the place that I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I am supposed to do, for the best God has planned for me.

Encouragement for the week:

Ever feel like someone is always watching you, criticizing everything you do or say, not really having an interest in what's best and good for you?

If you are a Christian reading this, you know that God does not shame you about anything you have done or said. He always watches over you. His love for you is unconditional and His ways and discipline in your life are best. Keep following that still, small voice that gives you direction for your life.

If you are not a Christian reading this, you can look for Jesus and you will find Him. He is not interested in where you have been or what you have done. He is not interested in making you feel bad about past choices. He is, however, very interested in you and your life right now. He wants to keep His eyes on you so that you have the very best in your life while going in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment