Monday, December 25, 2017

The Real Reason

* * Photo courtesy of google.com * *

When someone I love is hurting, it's painful to stand by, being unable to do something to lessen their pain and to know what to say. Praying, for me, has been a way of helping.

At this time of year, our hearts should be filled with joy and excitement to spend time with friends and family. We should be looking forward to festive meals, relaxation, laughter, and reflection on the reason behind the season.

For years, this season used to mean loneliness, rejection, hurt, and without cause to celebrate, for me. So, it's easy to understand the plight of friends and family who struggle at Christmastime.

The reasons are many behind not feeling all too merry or engaging in the meaning of this time of year. Like having your home broken into, like my loved one did, or facing upcoming chemo treatments in the New Year, as dear friends of mine are.

My heart cries out, "This is so unfair. Why them? Why this time of year, or any time of year for that matter?" Though the questions go unanswered, it's hard to reconcile these things when hurt, frustration, and confusion are the end products.

As a Christian, while still knowing pain, I have help to heal and restore a hurting heart through my relationship with God and Jesus Christ. That is the reason for my hope and joy. A hope and joy that remains a great desire of mine to share with others.

Along with a want to reach into the depths of another person's pain filled life and pull them into hope. Hope to live another day, to trudge ahead, to dream again. Hope to look beyond the brutal reality and see the absolute truth that things will be okay and the fog will fade away with the rising sun.

So, as I celebrate another Christmas and Jesus' birth, the real reason for the season, hope stirs and rises within me. A hope I desire for those who are hurting. Not just for those I know, but for everyone who don't yet know the promise and joy that hope in Jesus brings.

Encouragement for the week:

You are loved. In your loneliness, your broken relationship, the loss of security, or whatever hurt you are facing, you are loved. Beyond measure and beyond your own understanding. There is nothing you have to do to earn this love. It's yours for the asking.

I know you're hurting, especially this time of year. I have been where you are, in that place of hurt.

I understand. I care and desire that you know the same hope and joy I found, not only for this time of year, but all year round.

If you are a Christian, it is my hope that you remember the real reason for this season, Jesus Christ, and that celebrating His birth brings fresh joy and hope into your heart.

If you are not a Christian, you can look for Jesus and you will find Him. Reach out to Him and experience all the hope, joy, and peace that He desires to give you.



Thank you for being a dedicated reader and follower of my blog this past year. Your support and comments are greatly appreciated and encouraging to me. May you all have a very Merry Christmas. May you get caught up in the little things and do away with the trivial. May you enjoy each moment of this holy season. Time is precious and the amount we each have on this earth is unknown, so may you enjoy your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment