Monday, November 20, 2017

Take A Pause

**Photo courtesy of www.google.com**

Pronounced a couple different ways (seelah, saylah), the word Selah, as defined by Wikipedia, means several things. From "rock" or "like a rock", to "stop and listen" and "pause, think of that". It may also indicate a break in a song.

For me, Selah has become a meaningful practice in my life as I've applied the meaning to stop, pause, and reflect, much more than the other meanings given by Wikipedia. Often, I will find a quiet place to reflect deeply about things and events in my life that have had an impact on who I am as a woman.

Some of the things I stop to think about and reflect on have been both positive and negative in nature. The negative reflective points have been a source of lessons learned, the greatest being wisdom in how to better navigate my way through negative or difficult times to come.

It's at times of reflection that have gleaned the most insight, refreshment and peace. I know that even though I am a Christian and have chosen to follow Jesus, I am not perfect and need a lot of guidance and grace. Mistakes are often made and help, frequently needed. If it wasn't for finding Jesus, I wouldn't be here.

At the end of the day, it's by reflecting that I can come into an appreciation of where I've been and where I am going. That the mistakes made in the past have no hold on me now and do not determine or define my future.

I'm definitely not the same person today as years ago and that is a good thing. I don't believe we're meant to be complacent in thought or action but to go through the tough stuff, brush ourselves off and keep moving forward.

Encouragement for the week:

Have you ever wanted to go back in time and re-do something that you still regret doing?

Of course, we all wish that. The reality is, we can't but we can take time to think things out when met with a similar situation today.

To take a pause, insert wisdom, and do things differently that will be beneficial.

If you are a Christian, you know that pausing to seek wisdom from God will only benefit us when facing difficult situations and decisions. Continue to take time, pausing and reflecting, before acting.

If you are not a Christian, you can look for Jesus and you will find Him. He is ready to help you make better decisions for your life.







No comments:

Post a Comment