Monday, January 14, 2019

This Is It



It's time. Time to smile at and wave good bye to the commitment I will be fulfilling at the end of this week - mat leave cover for one year - and take hold of my passion for writing. Time to give my dreams wings. To turn my back on doubt so that this relentless determination can become real, bold and vulnerable.

It's all or nothing as I make way for the next season - Chameleon. A book about some of the darkest years of my life. A time without peace, joy or hope. A journey of abuse, addictions and self-destruction that almost took my life.

Yet, I made it through and it is my hope that my painful account will help others avoid what I didn't. And for those who were unable to steer clear of things, it will be an encouragement that life holds something more than hurt. My story is intense, eye-opening and heartbreaking.

No regrets. No looking back. I'm all in to travel a road that holds an unknown outcome, yet is forged by someone who knows every outcome. Therefore, I'm not afraid or intimidated by what lies ahead.

Instead, I'm buckling up for this wild ride and greeting adventure with a kiss as I holler, "Giddy-up!"

Check in for posts about my writing journey along the way and a sneak peak of my book cover. Then stay tuned for my work to make its debut this spring/summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment