Monday, March 26, 2018

Is It Any Wonder?

Image result for pictures of lynda carter as wonder woman
**Photo courtesy of www.google.com**

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up. Watching her on TV captured me. Her flowing black hair, super powers and strong confidence, were the epitome of what I thought a real woman looked like.

My excitement increased with each episode of Wonder Woman, played by Lynda Carter. My passion to be just like her grew every time I saw her exercise her special powers and don her colorful costume. Come to think of it, I may have dressed up like her for Halloween as a youngster.

Seeing her gave me the drive to be someone exceptional. To be my own Wonder Woman. Things were definitely simpler and easier when I was younger. Now as an adult, in the day to day monotony that life can become, I struggle to keep what excites, energizes and drives me as the focal point while I'm on my way to pursuing my true passion full time. That passion being writing.

While it is the very thing that brings me to life, it doesn't pay the bills. So, I must be responsible and take care of the day-to-day things that only a paying job can allow. Not exactly a Wonder Woman moment.

Yet, I'm waiting for the moment when I can do away with my everyday, ordinary wardrobe in exchange for a super cape. When my alter ego that hides behind a desk can jump into action and go after that which drives me.

It's not the chasing after a crazy dream that is ridiculous, it's the abandoning of that crazy dream. To think about incessantly, that one thing you can't stop thinking about, means it is an important part of who you are. To desire something that's so strong in your gut and spirit is what, I believe, life is all about. It's also something God wants for me.

In the Bible, which is God's Word, it says that there's nothing we can't think of or imagine that isn't too big for God to do. It's within a small book called Ephesians, that says, "Now to him (God) who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power..." (Ephesians 4:20).

In that promise there is no dream too small or passion too great that God can't make a reality. It is there because He placed it there and if that is the case, the drive to do that one thing will not go away. So, I hold on to the hope that it's just a matter of time before I become Wonder Woman.

Encouragement for the week:

Whatever you dream of, or are passionate about, it can all be a reality.

If you are a Christian reading this, you know that nothing is impossible for God. Even while you're in the monotonous or frustrating things of life, don't give up on your dreams. He can and will do more than you can ever ask or imagine.

If you are not a Christian reading this, you can look for Jesus and you will find Him. He created you to have dreams and passions for your life and He can help you make them a reality.













No comments:

Post a Comment