Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lines Of Time

Hard to believe it’s been 6 months since I came back from Costa Rica! And while I recognize it’s been that long I am also aware that it’s been several months since my last blog entry! So, apologies to all of you who, faithfully, check and follow my blog. I should really keep up with things better. I guess part of my procrastination comes from not that much happening in my life….well, nothing earth shattering anyway. :D Therefore, in an effort to get you caught up on what’s been happening in my life and to avoid being overly verbose (wordy) while doing it, I thought I would provide a timeline of dates and events that have marked the past 6 months. I’ll keep it as short and sweet as possible. :D November 20, 2011 – I return to my home country of Canada and to my home in Calgary, Alberta. This was a prompting from God to return a full month earlier than I was originally ticketed to return. November 22, 2011 – God speaks loudly and clearly of His next mission and country for me…CUBA!! December 2011 – Early January 2012 – Time spent with family in Saskatchewan while resting and recovering from CR as well as processing and sharing all the incredible and life changing things God did in Costa Rica! This included God revealing His purposes for me: Prayer Warrior, Spiritual Mother/Mentor, and Leader. This time of rest and respite also allowed me to seek God’s heart for Cuba and to purchase a bilingual Bible. January 16, 2012 – Began a full time job in downtown Calgary working for a small oil and gas exploration company. January 29, 2012 – Gave a presentation to my home church of my time in Costa Rica and with YWAM. February 2012 – God opened a door for me to pursue an opportunity to go to Cuba through YWAM involving me joining a team from the Cartagena, Colombia base for their outreach phase. March 2012 – It’s been over a month since the Cuba opportunity came without further correspondence. Mid-March 2012 – Found a place to live!!! A 20 minute walk to work, located just outside of downtown! Woo hoo!! Late March 2012 – The door I thought God was opening, widely, for me to go to Cuba closed but God, in His faithfulness, opened a subsequent door to partner with my home church and come alongside to encourage and be a prayer warrior for several of the female youth leaders of the church!! April 2012 – In spite of not fully understanding the ‘why’s’ behind Cuba not working out, I walk forward in preparing to move into my own place on May 1 and just keep trusting in God’s timing and way in my life. April 23, 2012 – God places a strong desire on my heart to start a prayer journal. With each person or situation God gives me to pray for, I remain obedient to Him in sending notes to those I pray for. To let them know that God hears them and that He will answer!!! May 1, 2012 – Move in to my own place!!! It’s a small space but it works for me!! :D My parents come to visit and hang out as well as go to service at my home church with me the day before they leave. Present – Still working full time, living in my place, waiting on God……OH, waiting on God….STILL…LONGER!!! *sigh* But, waiting as patiently as possible and finally, after many years, I am able to live in the moment and be in the here and now and really focus on what God wants me to do and be for Him. Praise point: After many years of praying, I find that I have joy and contentment in all situations and every circumstance….well, for the most part. :D I’m still human, after all. Hee hee My relationship with Jesus has become closer and more intimate in these past months, more so recently, with Him showing me how He sees me. As His child, bride, lover, and wife I have come to embrace all the things He sees in me and shows me in my daily surrendered walk with Him. While the blessings have been many, I have also encountered many spiritual attacks as I walk closer to God and begin to fulfill His many purposes that He has for me. But I continue to trust in God and be encouraged by His words to me in Exodus 14:14 – “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” I’ve come to rely on His strength and protection in times of great battle from the enemy. Praise God, for He is faithful!! The Lord also continues to guide me and He speaks to me of things He desires to do in me and through me, to which I surrender. For it is my heart’s desire to become the woman He always intended me to become and allow Him to refine me, any way He sees fit, for what He has prepared for me to do. See, pretty short and sweet! But, never fear, there is more to come as my next blogs will be more on a reflective note as I live life day to day and continue to trust, believe, and love God! I know that everything will come according to His time and His way. God bless you all for your faithfulness and for your words of encouragement and prayer upon me and my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment