Friday, June 17, 2011

We Are Family...

....I've got all my homies with me!! Okay, so I deviated from the original lyrics a bit but I've come to know all my co-workers here at my present employer, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada, as such. My homies, my friends, my family.

Now even though we consider ourselves to be a dysfunctional family, I have commented on several occassions that I like to think that we put the FUN in dysFUNctional! :-)

Working at BG has been nothing short of a joy and extreme blessing for me and as I wrap up my time here (my last day is today), I can't help but look back on my short time here with a HUGE smile on my face as I think of how all the people in this organization have impacted my life, both directly and indirectly, in ways that I can't begin to express.

As part of this amazing family, we take time each morning for devotion and prayer and in the past days and weeks, I have, occassionally, been offered up in prayer as I move closer to my departure to Costa Rica. It's an extraordinary experience to be prayed for....hearing the whispers of those around you echoing your name throughout the room as each speaks requests of safety, strength and blessing upon me in this next chapter of my faith walk.

It's impossible for me NOT to be moved by this corporate rally that stands strong, surrounding me on all sides. Makes it REALLY hard to leave. Not just leave the safety net of employment and earning an income but also to leave the safety of my brothers and sisters of this place which I have connected so quickly and deeply with in a short amount of time.

Yesterday was an overwhelming day for me, especially, as I became surrounded not only by a small group of people I consider good friends but also by one of my greatest loves....FOOD!! They held a going away potluck in my honor filled with many of my favorite fares. From pizza to ginger beef to chocolate cake....it was as close to heaven on earth that I could get!! See, if someone feeds me or gives me food, I feel loved! The surest and fastest way to my heart is through my stomach. For those people out there who know me best, you're all nodding your heads in agreement right now as you read this! LOL

After we all finished our meals, I was asked if I wished to receive prayer by those in attendance. My face exploded into a smile as I eagerly exclaimed, "YES!" As I closed my eyes to receive their prayers, I felt several hands placed upon me as a couple people in the group spoke in prayer. The tears began to flow freely from my eyes as I could not fathom or comprehend what was happening around me....my spiritual family praying for me in love and truth.

So here's to you, the BGEAC and SPC (Samaritan's Purse of Canada) for being my family away from home. For embracing me, accepting me, loving me and most of all, praying for me. Each one of you has left an indelible mark on my heart and I pray this prayer for each one of you, "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment